Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Making it Happen Everyday

There is beauty and joy that can be found in every day if we will only look..I think that our expectations and our perspective have much to do with how we see our world and our reality on a daily basis..It is easy to get mired down in the daily drudge of negativity and violence in this world that we all share but it is only because this kind of action is what seems to grab the spotlight..How much more uplifting would it be to see all the goodness and beauty in this world because it does exist out there..So for me, I want to narrow my focus on my own little corner of reality and look for the beauty unfolding around me because I don't want to allow the media to shape my perspective in my own life or about the lives of others as a whole..I still believe in human goodness and random acts of kindness..Just because channel two is not rushing out to cover something wonderful happening does not mean that it does not happen..I know in my heart that caring people are giving of themselves even if it is as small as a smile to a stranger..Don't underestimate the power of something as simple as a smile, because the person on the other end of your smile may desperately need do see that little bit of cheer..Start simple if you need to but look for joy and beauty everyday..We can make a difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be the media that appropriately bridges the gaps through all your interactions!