Friday, April 11, 2008

The Good, the Bad, the Beautiful and the Ugly

It seems that life is simultaneously juxtaposed with the good, the bad and the beautiful with the ugly. We can be experiencing the best of times and the worst of times all at the same time. We are never guaranteed a life full of peace and bliss. And how can we fully appreciate or experience the wonder and beauty in life without experiencing sorrow and pain as contrasting comparison? It is many times the depressing, trying, difficult and painful times in life where we learn some of our best lessons and are able to determine our own strengths and weaknesses. You never know the strength of a tea bag until you put it into hot water! I have tried to embrace the pleasure and the pain in my own life and look at my circumstances, my thoughts, and my perspective to gain my own life lessons on my journey here. I want to remain in an attitude of gratitude and thankfulness for all the blessings and to focus on the positives in my life so that I can press on and move forward. I want to start every day with a clean slate, frame my mental images with positive perspectives, focus on the good and the beautiful and appreciate the bad and the ugly for what it can give birth to in my life which is many times increased inner strength and the ability to face adversity with a quiet confidence. When we dig deeper in life we grow stronger!

No comments: