Friday, June 13, 2008

Kicking Worry to the Curb

I know that we are to live by faith and not by fear and for me, worry is just a form of fear, it is negative and breeds stress in our lives....I am just as guilty as then next person to indulge myself in worry but I think that I have made strides to reduce this horrible indulgance! I would like to eliminate this worthless emotional wrecking ball from operating in my life all together but everything happens in increments....So I want to just kick worry to the curb for good and remember that all things will take care of themselves and that I know that if God will take care of the birds of the air and the flowers of the field, even more so will He take care of me.....This is always the scripture that comes to my mind when I feel worry trying to grip my mind and take me down like a predator takes its prey, but I don't want to go down like that anymore! God has proven to me over and over that He is in control and I only need to place my faith and trust in Him and He handles all things for my best and highest good...So I will make yet another attempt to lean on God and not on myself because clearly I am not able to change or control the universe with my worrying ways and I can only change and control the way in which I react to my own universe or circumstances and situations in my own little world.....I will replace negativity with positivity and reject negative thoughts when they try to creep in and I will kick worry to the curb!

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Completely off subject but can I say that for turning 40 you look amazing? Your avatar doesn't even look close :)