Saturday, June 14, 2008

Intentions: The Undercurrents of Our Lives

With everything that we do in life there are a myriad of reasons as to why we do what we do and how we go about doing it......the way in which we speak to people, the way we treat others, the way we raise our children, the way we react with strangers, the things we say, the words we choose, the relationships we establish and maintain, and on and on and on.....so in saying this, I think that it is important to think about and examine our intentions to determine whether what we are saying and what we are doing is lining up with a positive purpose in our lives.....I can look back and see why particular doors in my life closed because my intentions in going through those doors was wrong, perhaps selfish and I do believe that rejection is protection......protecting us from others and quite possibly from ourselves....We are not always aware of our intentions but in retrospect we can see more clearly why something did not work out and it may have been that our intentions were not in line with where they should have been.....the undercurrents in our lives can sometimes move us toward better shores or they can become the undertow that drags us under....I want to make sure that I examine my intentions with my words and actions to uplift myself and others in a positive way so that the undercurrent in my life is something that if brought above the surface I have nothing to hide or feel shameful or selfish but that I have made choices with good and healthy intentions....I want to move toward sunny, blissful shores with crystal waters and sparkling sands! So with the best intentions I want to move through life creating progress and not regress.

No comments: